3 Replacing Launcher on Neo 3 Pro / Neo 3 Pro Eye¶
3.1 Setting Up the Main Launcher¶
- Download the configuration file config.txt at here.
Modify the config.txt file
(1)open_guide field: whether to start the safety boundary setting app (for Neo 3 series); 1 - Yes; 0 - No
(2)home_pkg: configure the package name of the app that needs to be set as the main launcher
After modification, copy the config.txt file to the internal storage folder of device
Note: Do not delete or modify the “———” under open_guide and home_pkg fields.
3.2 Replacing Launcher under Home Screen Settings¶
To provide more intuitive way of configuring Kiosk Mode, we’ve built a functionality from Pico Business Setting to facilitate Kiosk Mode deployment. The method is described as following:
- Click Setting > Developer> Industry settings.
- Click Launcher App(Kiosk Mode).
- Select the application that you want to use for Kiosk Mode.
- Press Home button to return to Launcher and reboot the device. Then the launcher is substituted.
Note: If you’re not seeing the tab “Developer” from Setting menu, please check details from this FAQ link on how to enable it: https://sdk.picovr.com/docs/FAQ/chapter_one.html